Search This Blog

Monday 21 June 2010

Tropical Cards ...

Hello viewers - I thought I'd give you a temporary break from animal matters, and thought we would try a flavour of papercrafting instead.  Some few weeks back, one of my colleagues from work left to take up a different position.  She was one of two card customers that I have at work, so I thought I would give her a small leaving gift that she could actually use. 

My friend donated some odds and ends of card blanks and envelopes.  She gave me six reddy pink envelopes of an odd size.  I got to and matched it as closely as I could to my Bazzill stash.  I ended up getting six card blanks from two bits of Bazzill, so that's really quite good, I think. 


The patterned paper is by Rhonna Farrer and has been sitting in my scraps bag for some time. I have had some of these dried flower gel stickers sitting in my stash ever since I began crafting, over six years ago!  These cards are all very simple, but effective.  Well, that was my aim! 


I have had loads of these K & Co tags sitting around also for years, trying to get used.  And then someone gave me loads of die cut squares and other shapes and after these few years, I've figured out a way of using them so they don't look too bad.  Nice font message stamps are a definite weakness of mine!                                                 


I am not adverse to using other people's scraps, especially when otherwise they would be thrown away! I taught a birthday book class last year, and one lady left all her scraps from this stack.  Far too pretty to be put in the bin! 


Much of a muchness, really but I think these cards all do stand on their own merit.  With paper as pretty as this, you don't need much else, but in the card below, I thought the alcohol ink matt goes really nicely for some colour contrast. 

                                              

This next one is probably my favourite - that paper is just gorg-e-ous .....



My friend seemed to like these little cards, so that was a good job.  Two posts in one day, but more ellies tomorrow, like it or not! 

2 comments:

  1. LOL a fellow bin raider!!! The girl who sits next to me at my monthly class throws away all her leftovers - so I often raid her bin as I can normally get a few charity cards from the class kit leftovers.

    Lovely cards Ali!

    ReplyDelete