Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2013

Project Life Mini Album Part Three

Here I am, back again to share Part Three of the mini album I made for my in-laws of the first two years of my twin boys. 

 
I particularly like the tree! From a freebie set of Tara's, which has formed the basis of a lot of these pages.  Very quick to colour in with the Promarkers. 
 
 
I suppose I was inspired by the gold in the giraffes, so I chose to use that lion sticker.  The drawback to that was I had to get gold into the other pages!  I found that a bit difficult and quite time consuming.  A quicker method to doing an album like this is to just use the same paper pad or colour scheme throughout, irrespective of the colour in the photos. 

 
I got out my Dymo tape to coordinate with the Poundshop stickers. 
 
 
For Page 18 above, I cut out some of the elements in the Amy Tangerine 6 x 6 pages to bring out the gold.  Some of the smallest Prima "Got Flowers" in the gold were the easiest way to bring in the colour for the fourth page.  Lots more stamping on here, too.  I stamped the date on the pages pertaining to the photos so that people who saw the album could work out the boys' ages if they wanted to.  They were four months old in the above photos. 
 
Time to change the paper for the theme, so I cut up a Christmas 12 x 12 that I wanted to use up as it had snowflakes on it.  One of my favourite photos of the three of us here on Page 19.  The boys were just so squidgeable!  :D
 
 
The boys with their paternal Grandparents below right.  The boys particularly loved Grandma's shiny earrings!
 
 
 
Washi tape thanks to Tara, stamping and very simple embellishment to tie it altogether. 
 

 
Page 21 and 22 above are my favourites!  Simple stamping and images and very coordinated.  Amazing how one set of stamps has proved so perfect here I think! I still find my PSX alpha stamps very useful from time to time - something that I don't think I will ever get rid of. 
 

 
What a pair of imps in that last photo!
 
 
As I worked from back to front, and then front to back, this set of pages was the last one I completed when time was so short!  So the decoration consisted of a series of stickers that was thrown quickly onto the page. 
 
 
The last block contained the baby monkey from the Cuttlebug baby animals set.  these dies have proved so handy and quite versatile!  All other stickers courtesy of Tara and Poundland, I think. 
 
So Page 24 of 40 - we're more than half way through.  I'll be back soon with the next instalment! :D
 
 

 



4 comments:

  1. Brilliant pics and a great album project too! I look forward to seeing more of your two little men soon
    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is going to be some album and aren't they growing up so fast. This is a lovely way to document how quickly they change xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book, love all the photographs of the boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ali, this is beautiful, you have been so busy! I don't know how you find the time with two young twin boys! I bet your PIL are going to adore this gift :)

    ReplyDelete