Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Butterfly mobile

I was very inspired when I saw my friend Carin's entry on the Bo Bunny blog where she made a butterfly mobile.  It turned out so beautifully, I decided to make one for my niece for her second birthday. 

I pretty much followed Carin's instructions to the letter, except I used the K and Co Mira range.  What I love about these papers is that the colours are bright and quite intense - royal blues, fresh greens, reds, oranges and pinks - so pretty and feminine. 


Another key point of difference was that I ran a string of butterflies from the middle of the mobile, by  running two interconnecting fishing lines and knotting them together.  I used my Sizzix Bigz Flower Daisy Die

Unfortunately, I found it vey difficult to get good photos and ran out of time, as my Mum had to pack this away in a suitcase for her return today to Australia.  


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift and easily adaptable if you wanted something different to butterflies, for boys or example xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so beautiful - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab Ali, I love the bright colours you have used. I know you said that you were making one a while ago but it is nice to see the finished item :)

    ReplyDelete