Search This Blog

Friday 5 July 2013

52 Card Challenge UK Scrappers - Week 16 Negative Die Cuts

I've just completed the Week 16 challenge for the 52 Card Challenge on UK Scrappers. 
 
This challenge gave me lots of head-scratching moments and I looked around on Pinterest for some inspiration.  It is one of Paul's fishing friend's birthdays coming up soon, and I remembered the set of tropical fish Sizzlets dies that I bought years ago and never got around to using.  I haven't sold them, because I knew I really liked them - just hadn't used them yet! But now, they have finally justified their existence in my stash and been used in the card below. 
 
 
I cut the dies out directly from the front of the card - it was a challenge to make all the fish face the one direction, and I had to cut some of the fish from inside the card.  This was a mistake, as it has left the front of the card a bit scored and marked which you can't see here. 
 
I coloured the die cuts with Promarkers, and placed them back into the aperture and then glued them back so that they would show in exactly the right place on the inside of the card.  I then added Starburst Stickles on the fins to give them some shine, and also White Enamel Accents for the eyes, as that is dimensional and makes them really stand out! We were in such a rush to post the card that I neglected to take a photo of the inside, which would have showed the fish off better.  Never mind!
 
I was stuck as to how to resolve the front of the card, but hit upon the idea of bubbles - which then led to sequins.  Love this card and will have to replicate it in the future.  Slowly catching up!
 
Supplies:
Sizzix Sizzlets dies - "Tropical Fish?"
Ranger White Enamel Accents
Stardust Stickles
Doodlebug sequins and various
Promarkers
 

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I thought the fish were ready made stickers at first they looks so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jess I thought you had used stickers - wow I love this card and not seen those dies before

    ReplyDelete