Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

52 Card Challenge UK Scrappers - Week 20 Challenge The Printed Word

The challenge for Week 20 was to feature "the printed word" - from literature, a quote, or stories.  This caused me to scratch my head quite a bit, as I haven't done much reading of late.

I had already pulled out this tag from the K and Co Mira tag pad to use on another challenge, so decided to cheat a bit by using this quote - which is a Kundalini yoga blessing, or an Irish blessing, apparently.  Quite a bit of cultural difference there then!
 
I just adore these words:
 
May the long time sun
shine upon you
All love surround you
And the light within you
Guide your way home. 
 
 
I pulled out the same collection patterned paper and went from there - I remembered I had some paper roses bought eons ago that I thought would come in handy. 

Much as I love looking at all the heavy dimensional works of art that abound on the web, I usually limit myself to fairly flat scrapbook pages and cards for the practicality of it.  This time, I decided to break out of my mould - I am sure the card will still fit in the envelope, and as I am hand delivering it to a friend, I decided it could be as bulky as it turned out to be!

 

I edged the orange paper with pink chalk ink and then laid my washi tape and velvet orange daisy ribbon over the top.  I had hand cut the leafy embellishment from the other side of the paper - this particular piece was quite heavily foiled - I am not such a fan, so I was really pleased to have cut into it. 

I thought it was a mistake to have run the ribbon along the whole width of the card, but in the end, it was the right thing to do as it hid the stems of the roses, and was somewhere for me to hide the glue!

I stamped the leafy elements in Cactus Green stazon ink, as the green paper was glossy and really thick in weight.  The green paper is from the DCWV Taj Mahal collection which I bought to scrap my elephant photos - I haven't made much progress so far.  That is a "one day" job.  :lol:

Supplies:
K and Co Mira Paper Pad and Tag Pad
Doodlebug Boutique Trims
Indie Chic washi tape
Papermania Spring brad
MME Wild Asparagus embroidered brad
Cactus Green Stazon ink
Sizzix and Hero Arts stamps and framelits "Flowers and Butterflies"
Assorted flowers

I love this assortment of colours - something quite exotic about them - like being in Kashmir! I am really pleased with how this card turned out and hope the recipient likes it too. 

4 comments:

  1. this is fab Ali - love the vibrancy of all the colours and your embellishment cluster is beautiful. Loving that quote too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers, and the colours work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that... is a stunning card! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete