Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Project Life Mini Album Part 4

 
Hello folks and welcome to the penultimate instalment of my mini album project for my in-laws, which I gave them on Father's Day. 
 
 
 
These first couple of pages continue with the "Up Up and Away" paper stack from First Edition, which I bought when the boys were born, and used in their showcase albums.  Above is Page 25, and I have covered 18 months up till this point!
 
The embellishments continue to be paper scraps, the flowers and the hearts are from the freebie stamp set of Tara's as per previous pages, and I added a couple of old stickers and some stamping and Dymo labelling. 
 

 
Page 26 above uses up an old Doodlebug Christmas tree sticker from yonks ago, a dimensional holly button embellishment, a sequin, and some buttons, amongst other things.  The dimensional elements were a mistake - the album is not unduly distorted, but it still does slightly buckle, which doesn't please me.  This is why I don't use large 3d flowers or things like pinwheels on my pages - I love the look of them, but not in an album! I loved the photos of the boys in their Christmas hats. 
 

 
Page 27 above is of photos taken this year.  Henry and Lewis loved their ball pool, but they were already probably too old for it when I bought it for them!  The best bit for them was when I tipped all the balls from the bag and rained them on their heads.  They loved all the colours cascading down, and got so excited! "Baby Joy" sticker from the Poundland set. 
 
 
Page 28 above is them experiencing their first snow! That was a fun day, even though Lewis really wasn't sure.  "Fun" sticker from a very, very old set - probably nearly 10 years old. 
 
 
Page 29 above utilises more Poundland stickers from different sets and marks the end of the use of the First Edition pad.  I just adore the bottle photo above - the boys sometimes really demonstrate the closeness of twins when they have moments of pure fun and connectedness as when they were having great fun with their bottles - both boys grabbed a cushion each and lay down together and had their bottles.  They were laughing and giggling with each other and times like this make me so happy and feel truly blessed. 
 
 
Page 30 above is the commencement of the photos from the day we took a walk through the bluebell woods with Grandma.  I am desperately trying to use up stash that I no longer love, and I am really pleased that I grabbed my K and Co "Verbena" Scrap Pad for this batch of photos. 
 
 
Something like this Scrap Pad is actually perfect for mini albums - the tags and stickers etc all look dimensional, but are perfectly flat.  I had to coordinate double sided paper with the colours of the photos, but this part of the project was a lot quicker to complete than the pages up til now. 
 
 
Back to share the last part of the project soon! 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love this series as you can see how the boys have grown. A beautiful gift x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics and more great pages... Those boys sure do grow quick! And so good looking too

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely album - I do hope they were thrilled with it x

    ReplyDelete