Search This Blog

Friday 19 July 2013

52 Card Challenge - Week 27 Celebrate the Season

In catch up mode for the above 52 Card Challenge on UK Scrappers - and I am doing pretty well, despite the chaos going on in my life at present!

The Week 27 challenge theme was to "Celebrate the Season" - and here in the UK at the moment, we are experiencing a heat wave!  So Christmas and the cold seems like a lifetime away - but we all know how quickly that can change. 


 
This card is on an aqua background, and the patterned paper is a subtle yellow, with a blue wintry design which doesn't translate onto the screen. 
 
Quite some years ago now, I attended a craft fair with a couple of friends at Port Sunlight, near Liverpool.  It was a great day and lots of crafty items perused - but I do remember buying copious amounts of ribbon there, for £10.  I love ribbon of all sorts and really enjoy using it on my cards. 
 
Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Patterned Paper
Light Blue Glitter Paper
Quickutz snowflakes die
Crystal effects snowflakes clear stickers
Papermania Capsule collection "sunshine" self adhesive gemstones
"Stampin' Up!" scallop punch
Snowflake eyelet
Inkadinkado stamp
"Stardust" Ranger Stickles
Lemon beaded ribbon
 
I love the combination of lemon and light blue - quite a refreshing colour scheme, despite being used on a wintry card. 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love blues and yellows together, your cards are always great, less stash for you to cart overseas too so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card and great use of the ribbon - I have copious amounts and go through phases of using it, I must try harder.

    ReplyDelete