Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Project Life Mini Album Part 5

This is the final instalment of the mini album I produced for my parents in law, which I gave to them on Father's Day. 
 
I am not too certain of how long it took me to do, as I did it on and off amongst other things, but my guestimate would be two weeks. 
 
 
Page 33 above uses all materials from the Scrap Pad - the stickers, the borders and the tags. 

 
Page 34 adds some small metal tags which I was luckily given in a grab box and the last journalling box contains a poem about the bluebell by Emily Bronte - I found some quotes and poems by googling them. 

 
On this bottom journalling box on Page 35, I used some old stickers and Basic Grey rub-ons.  


 
On Page 36 above I used a leafy flourish die cut by MFT - all other shapes from the K'Ology Verbena Scrap Pad.  

 
Page 37 - a different rub-on, and some small Got Flowers by Prima.  I am so glad I still have a collection in my stash - they are the perfect size for so many things - I often need a small flower to finish off a card.  I think I remember doing a swap on UK Scrappers for different colours - it has certainly come in useful. 

 
Page 38 - More of the same.  Just using different scraps of paper in different colour ways and some of the Scrap Pad stickers - made these pages really quick to do. 

 
Page 39 - Another rub-on by Basic Grey.  I love the shots of the boys here. 

 
Page 40 - Henry in the bluebell woods with another quote - and then Henry by a puddle as Grandma leads Lewis back to the car.  Henry was trying to drink from the puddle after this photo! From here, we have another change in colour and theme.  
 

 
"Daddy and the Flying Babies" - page 41.  Using up Doodlebug rub-on Pool medium Alphas, with mostly Echo Park "Scoot" sticker sheet and some washi tape. 

 
Page 42 - Henry going up up up!  Quickest pages of the album - stick and done - perfect!

 
Last page - Lewis in hover mode.  I love the little coordinating plane paper with lots of stickers, one of which I customised with old rub-on letters.  Last journalling box also contains washi tape and some glittery Doodlebug heart stickers.  Those are probably my favourite pages - more up to date stash, and quickest to do.

 
Here's the album cover - all finished!  Phew. 
 
I had intended to just put the Hodgemoor Wood pictures in, but then the album arrived and was much bigger than anticipated.  My advice would be to take some time organising your pictures and the order you want to put them in, and then go through the album and fill in the picture slots.  Because my album was a number of diverse times, I was happy to change the papers and the decorative elements accordingly to try and use different stash.
 
I think the album would be equally effective and quicker to do using just one range of papers and embellishments and sticking to that all the way through.  Using something like a Scrap Pad with its own coordinating stickers and die cut labels is perfect as it cuts down the selection process and the time to prepare. 
 
I certainly would use something similar again, if the pages were a mix of portrait and landscape aspects.  I hope you have enjoyed flipping through the album and covering almost two years of my boys' lives in 43 pages! Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. I love these LOs Ali. Fabulous photos of the boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fab album - I am sure it will be a much treasured album xx

    ReplyDelete