Search This Blog

Thursday 18 July 2013

52 Card Challenge UK Scrappers - Week 9 Roses

The challenge for this Week 9 of the 52 Card Challenge was to use roses:-

I had originally made a different card for this challenge, but when completed, it was more suited to a different challenge theme. 


It was originally going to be my mother's birthday card, but when finished was too dimensional to send through the post to Australia. 

A very simple card - I misted the fabric wild rose to make it red, and then outlined the edges with a gold mist, which I painted on. 

Using up the wide red satin ribbon, and the black lace.  I didn't want it to appear too much like a Valentine's Day card, as it is for a friend, but it may still be mistaken for one!

The label was raised up with foam pads which I often do, especially sticking over ribbon. 

Supplies:
Black lace
Red Satin ribbon
Prima leaves
Wild rose - unknown?
Flair Designs patterned paper "Roses"
Spellbinders Nestabilities "Labels 4"
Elizabeth Crafts Designs die - "Happy Birthday"

I love these challenges - using up bits and bobs that otherwise may have lingered longer! Thanks for stopping by. 


1 comment: