Search This Blog

Sunday 1 August 2010

Sculptor

Monthly challenge from one of my social groups on UKS - at least it gets me scrapping!

Another in my Chelsea 2009 series - I love sculptures and wire work, and I had to take some photos of these amazing copper and blue glass flower "sculptures". This is exactly the type of thing I would have in my garden, given the opportunity - and means to finance it, of course!
 

So - onto the challenge criteria - Something old - those Chatterbox Scrapbook Address letters - at least 7 years old, I'd say.

Something new - my DCVW Taj Mahal stack - bought to go with ellies, but I loved the yellow patterned paper, and this layout needed a touch of exotic brightness, I thought.

Something borrowed - the background blue paper is rouge de Garance - that I took from a minibook project I still haven't finished. Must do that at some point! Also, I used foiling, which is not USUALLY associated with scrapbooking - I used a faulty Zig pen to "leak" the ink, and painted my chipboard flower that way. Then added Zig glue pen over the top, and some Magic Scraps copper foil, and some other foil left over from a project. Laborious, but it was good this morning when I couldn't make any noise for about an hour when him indoors was falling asleep after night shift!

Something blue - lots of blue in this layout - the gem, the other patterned paper ....

Here's a close-up of that Fancy Pants chipboard flower.  The blue really shows through well.  The foiling was laborious, as it was small flakes, and I used two different types of foil ... one was just leftover flakes in a bag, but you can't let anything go to waste! 



I love how the foil glistens.  So does the paper, because it has so much texture - some glitter, and some raised detail. 

Here's my supplies list:

Magic Scraps Copper Foil Flakes
Fancy Pants Chipboard, "Delight" Journalling book
Chatterbox Scrapbook Address scarlet alphas, Prima 3D Alphabet stickers
My mind's Eye "Bloom and Grow" Felt Border
Patterned papers : rouge de Garance urbaine no5, K & Co Mira, DCWV "Taj Mahal" stack, "Green Polka Dot" by Karen Russell Narratives, for Creative Imaginations. 

A bit of a weird colour scheme for me - yellow and lime green, with the dark blue, maroon and copper!  Still, I like it and think it works.  The goldy yellow adds an exotic touch, and complements the sheen in the copper. 


That alphabet is weird - it has holographic properties.  One way looks as though there are vines, the next way, straight horizontal lines through the letters.  Looking from a different angle - they come up completely white - weird!  Thanks for your visit.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the LO looks fab! I love what you've done with the chipboard flower and the title letters sound interesting. Would love to see them in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous :) so much interest

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Ali. Lots to see. Love what you have done with the chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Ali, I just adore what you have done with your flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower and love how you mix up different ranges together. A gorgeous vibrant layout.

    ReplyDelete