Search This Blog

Thursday 5 August 2010

Bog Garden

It's not a romantic title, but it is what it is. I wasn't going to call the layout "The Colonial and Foreign Investments Garden"! Are you getting bored of Chelsea Flower Show layouts yet? I'm not! I love doing layouts of flowers and gardens - so satisfying to be able to use different colours and create different themes, according to the subject.


Guess it is becoming an album now, they're so many piccies. I took part in a sketch challenge, and hence this layout placement.

I thought these papers were perfect for the really acidic colours in these photos. I actually had perfect ribbons and trims to match - serendipitous!

Papers are Collage Press "Fresh" - my motto is that of course you need to stockpile patterned paper - you never know when you need it! They were all double sided, so it was brilliant - this gave me so many permutations of colours and patterns. I scanned in the catalogue and then printed out the journalling onto the patterned paper. The layout called for 3 times 3 x 3 photos - but I couldn't crop these down anymore, so I adapted the sketch.

I had these old gel dried violet stickers from when I first started crafting - in fact, they were in the first QVC kit I bought - so though they look a bit naff, at least I've used them up. I used my promarkers to colour in the circle of punched paper behind them, as I originally tried white, but it was too stark. I was very pleased to have used these papers - I wondered what I was going to use them for!

3 comments:

  1. The papers are perfect for the photographs - no I am enjoying seeing your flower show piccies so definitely not bored here.

    I am looking forward to seeing elephant layouts soon LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Love the colours. The purples go really well with the greens in the photos.

    ReplyDelete