Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Card Commission

A colleague gave me a difficult commission for a birthday card for her husband - loads of white space, romantic, and an inspirational quote. 

Here's what I came up with .....


I am afraid I took a really rushed photo and was a bit crooked!  I started off by inking the border in green of the card and then drew over the top with a Promarker.  The leaf motif was stamped  in a mixture of distress inks and came through in a variety of browns.  I gave the image some contrast by outlining it with a light tan coloured Promarker.  The rub-on is from a tin of Rhonna Farrer rub-ons that I have had for some time.  The inking went a bit awry and I was worried about the final result, but fortunately, both my colleague and her husband really like the card.  Phew! 

4 comments:

  1. Fab card Ali and a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commissions are always harrowing! The card looks beautiful and I'm glad your colleague and her husband really liked it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, that IS beautiful....not surprised they loved it...tis gorgeous!..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Ali, glad it was well received. I always find a card a bit daunting.

    ReplyDelete