Search This Blog

Monday 6 September 2010

Our Little Duckling

One of the last things I did before going on holiday was to choose the photos and ingredients for this sketch challenge. 


Some of the other girls' interpretations are just terrific and they used great imagination  to jump from the above to the final result.  Here is my effort:


I would usually prefer to go with harmonious colour schemes that really tie in with the photos, but I found this paper from Kaisercraft and figured that I could make it work.  I am so keen to use up some of my older lettering, so the title was a combination of MAMBI pink glitters cut and reworked together, the Scrapworks yellow rub-ons, and the K & Co letter tiles from a kit from years ago.  The three words were punched from an ancient bit of Doodlebug paper, and the duckling is October Afternoon, which I remembered I had left over from my niece's baby album.  I used the fancy edge strip from a piece of Sassafras paper, which tied in the blue to the rest of the colour scheme. 

Here's the supply list:

Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft, Doodlebug, Sassafras
Sticker:  October Afternoon
Chipboard journal tag:  Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer French Twist
Lettering: MAMBI Pink Glitter stickers, Scrapworks yellow rub-ons, K & Co, Making Memories tiny alphas (on the chipboard)
Bazzill:  Just the Edge strip (yellow)

Photos are of my sister, Roslyn, and my niece, Asha, swimming in the public pool at Everton Park, last New Year's Eve, in Brisbane, Australia.  It has loads of extra for the kids and is almost like a theme park!  So much fun.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty Ali, the colours work really well together.

    ReplyDelete