These were the first outfits Daddy bought for you whilst still in hospital. You were scratching your faces and these baby grows from Mothercare had in built mits.
I cut up one of the suits and saved the rocket logo and used some of the poppers as a type of brad. I glued the fabric onto cardstock, and then made sure that after I cut out some of the aliens, I glued around the edge to stop the material from fraying. The stars were made with a combination of punches and a Quickutz star die. I still love my Quickutz - so handy to cut out small shapes when you just need one or two.
I embossed some stars onto the background, and thought that the "little star" journalling block in the Fancy Pants Summer Soiree stamp set was perfect. I just had to mask off the "s" to make the title suitably plural.
I didn't have any embroidery thread in the appropriate colour, so I used some fibres. I am determined to use up my ample stash of fibres some day - even if it takes me years and years!
Stampin Up! Cardstock Brights
Basic Grey Lauderdale "Grass Stain/Lau"
Fancy Pants Stamps
White Embossing Powder- "Summer Soiree", and "Fresh Mod"
Uniball Signo White pen
It is my first completed layout for months and months - I had lost confidence and spent ages and ages completing it. Still, I am happy with the result and the subject has given me a renewed interest in getting pages completed fast!