This is Kelly's layout below:
The technique this month was to use embossing, whether wet or dry. I have interpreted the layout very simply below:
The image looks wonky, but it is not IRL! I cut out the kraft hearts with my Quickutz die, and then used a Cuttlebug embossing border with my Quickutz squeeze to create the embossing. I wanted the layout to be quite simple so that the stunning Bounty photo of my boys was the centrepiece, but I did add detail by stitching around the embellishments. Quite a combination of old papers used, which I don't think matters a jot!
I used scalloped scissors to cut the blue dotty trim around the photo. Then I cut out one side of the border pattern from the Prima "Happy Go Lucky" patterned paper. Using a Bazzill "Just the Edge" strip as a template, I scalloped one edge of the My Mind's Eye patterned paper.
* Bazzill Kraft cardstock
* Bella Blvd Plastino "Label Additions" (family, heart sticker)
* Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls collection "Spruce and Sky Paisley" patterned paper
* Cuttlebug Embossing Borders "Just my Type"
* Kaisercraft Squadron collection "Sergeant" patterned paper
* My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Lucky Me Collection "How Fortunate" Title; Kaleidoscope Collection Celebrate "Family" Journaling Card; Wild Asparagus cardstock collection patterned paper
* Prima Marketing So Cute! Collection "Growing" (Apple of my Eye); Iron Orchid Designs Morning Song Collection "Happy Go Lucky" patterned paper
* Quickutz heart die A-SS-0001
* Sassafras Lass Dreamy Collection "Tingle" patterned paper
Why don't you have a go and join in with us this month? A lovely prize from Jill at Cardinal Colours is up for offer. :)