Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Scrapology September Challenge

Have you taken a look at the September challenge over at the Scrapology blog yet?  There's a lovely prize of an American Crafts D ring album to be won, courtesy of Cardinal Colours

It's all about stitching!  Well, not only - lots of other very interesting elements going on too.    Here's my original layout, which I lifted from the very talented Crafty Stash on UK Scrappers. 


Here's a few tips on the layout - Promarkers/Copic Markers are very useful for changing colours of chipboard letters if you want to customise them.  The colour changes very easily over a glossy surface.  Applying a layer of Glossy Accents over the top gives them a lovely lush, and professional finish. 

The original layout had a pleated circle.  I made it a bit easier by cutting the circle up into smaller segments and then inking around each piece. 

I freehanded the curve on both stitched edges and inked each part to add definition before compiling the layout.  What made the stitching uniform in distance was the use of a Bazzill stitching template - very useful!  Shaped scissors are indispensible for little fine details like the serrated edges on the circles on top of the stitching. 

The papers I used were bits of leftovers from the Fancy Pants "Delight" range, and We R Memory Keepers "White Out".  Why don't you have a go and potentially win a prize? 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome LO! It's so colourful and there's so much to look at. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout Ali - so colourful and lots to look at. I have looked at the challenge and I am currently wearing my thunking cap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab layout, so funky and bright

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fab layout. Have just discovered your blog thanks to Mary Anne's link to your birthday book on UKS. Would you be able to email the instructions to me. My email is suzycad@hotmail.co.uk

    Thanks

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete