Search This Blog

Saturday 28 April 2018

Custom Cards - Mother’s Day

A break from the 100# Day Project - for which I am now behind, but hope to catch up. I have been lucky enough to have some card orders - I am proud to say that card sales this year have propelled me over 2/3 of the way for me to have independently paid for the boys’ paediatric appointments of $600. I really only started in March, so that is a great result.

I had a brief of “wine, or art” for a Mother’s Day card.

I came up with this  ....


I downloaded a palette and easel image from the internet. The background was made by scribbling Gelatos onto a canvas background.  When the boys were born, I bought a cheap gessoed pad and stamped their feet images onto it with blue ink, so I am reusing the other side ... waste not, etc! 

My first time using Gelatos ... a bit tricky, considering I used such a textured background, but I liked the result. I used mostly the bright palette with one colour from the Pastel range. 

Once I cut out the image and stamped on the sentiment, I lay the paper on the background and it really needed softening. The flowers on their own were far too harsh too.  I rummaged around 8n my scraps beads and found some ancient slivers of patterned paper ... K and Co for the butterfly and the ladybird, and Basic Grey “Lily Kate”for the paisley flowers and leaves.  It added a touch of whimsy to the card, which was perfect.  Lashings of glitter glue to lift the colour and make it pop! I thought the gold border might do it, but it was flat and unappealing, so the border also got glitter bombed! The customer is pleased ... and I 2as pushed out of my comfort zone to try something new.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Supplies: 
Canvas Pad
Downloaded easel and palette image 
Bright and Pastel Faber- Castell Gelatos
Gold mist and pen
Crystallina Kindyglitz
Close To My Heart “Say it All Occasions” sentiment stamps, Lagoon dye ink, Mini-gems
Prima flowers
Patterned Paper - K and Co, Basic Grey “Lily Kate” 

No comments:

Post a Comment