Search This Blog

Sunday 22 April 2018

#100 day project - Days 17 -19

At the end of this post, I am officially ahead!  Quite amazing.  I think the secret is to KISS ..... but that is not always easy, either.

Day 17 - 20th April

Loved this bright yellow paper - so teamed it with clouds and sunshine.  The Project Life card has edelweiss and blossoms of snow wording - highly unlikely that I would have ever used it except as background.  I've used up some more Bazzill Basics Just the Edge strips.  Craftwork Cards Sentiments stamps and CTMH Canary Ink.  I love the Daisy! 

Day 18 - 21st April


Broke out a new mini-kit!  Project Life Heidi Swapp designed 'Sparkle'.  A bit girly for my pages, but lovely for a card.  Used some paper from the Hot Off the Press cardmaking book that my friend Jan gave me a white back.  Kept pretty simple.  I've found one of my corner punches nicely emulates the rounded corner of the old Project Life cards - they are square now - so much easier! 

Day 19 - 22nd April 


Using up some of my scraps - Punched the background from various grey and blue scraps.  I used a Project Life Sparkle quotation embellishment.  Flower from stash - the dark blue centre was a scrap on my desk from a previous project.  I opened up a fairly new purchase - a Prima "Zella Teal" beautiful gems - all shades of Aurora Borealis.  Just beautiful and irresistable, when I saw them in my local craft shop.  Adds such a different to the card IRL.  I had previously done the background, so it was very simple to add the rest for today's card.  

Day 20 - 23rd April 


So - ta da!  Here's tomorrow's card - back to a Project Life Picturesque card that I chose when I went through this kit.  The black shiny background was another page repurposed from that Myer One Catalogue from a few years back. The greeting is embossed with silver.  The grey cardstock matt for the PL card is outlined very finely in silver.  I thought the anchor was a lovely symbol of strength if someone was having a hard time and was cut out of black sparkly thicker paper, so I backed it onto cardstock before cutting out.  Very simple!  

A fifth of the way into the project and I am already pushing the boundary of what I am using.  Maybe I will just broaden the definition to term Project Life supplies .... but that may be cheating.  

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment