Search This Blog

Sunday 5 January 2014

All I want for Christmas ....

Happy New Year! I would have to look back to see when the last 12 x 12 layout was made, but it's been a really long time ...
 
Being very short of supplies, I was determined to make do with what I had, so I ended up piecing this patterned paper to the green cardstock, to make up a 12 x 12 base.  I ideally would have like a pine green base, but I think the brighter green does add some dynamism to the layout. 
 
 
I coloured in the bottom half of the Dusty Attic title with the white Wink of Stella shimmer pen and then stickled with Stardust over the top.  It is subtle but glittery IRL which is the effect I wanted.  I used the negative part of the chipboard and misted around the title onto the red base for a shadowy effect. 
 
I cut out the journal block using one of the Project Life 3 x 4 cards as a base, and then traced around a plastic template for the shape. 
 
I have gently distressed each edge of all the cardstock and patterned paper used so that there is a small white edge on all the borders.  This just helps to lift the layout in terms of colour and pop. 
 
I glossy accented the gold star to the light khaki cardstock behind and then outlined all the accents with Stardust stickles for effect.  The layout is quite glittery IRL - every Christmas layout needs some bling!
 
I layered up the robin, a bauble and a small sticker of holly with 3D foam for some dimension and to add to the layering effect - the placement of the title was determined by a "Westfield" logo on the photo, which I wanted to cover up!
 
Supplies:
Kaisercraft "St Nicholas" sticker sheet
Dusty Attic "All I want for Christmas...." chipboard
Kaisercraft Rhinestones
Stardust Stickles
Dylusions White Linen spray ink
Gold Thread
Christmas decoration - gold star
White shimmer pen - Wink of Stella
Coordinations cardstock
Simon Says Stamp! red A4 cardstock
Dark Brown patterned paper - Bo Bunny
Christmas patterned paper
3d Foam pads
 
Thanks for looking - I hope your New Year has started creatively. 


6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    What a stunning layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo lovely to see you scrapping again Ali....and what a corker of a photo to start with. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family Hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo Cute!! What a Fab photo!! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...wish we could see just how shimmery it is IRL as I bet it just adds an even more special touch! Love the title too....great photo! All our love & best wishes for the new year! TXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, love all the detail and adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture of the boys. Hope 2014 is a wonderful year of opportunities for you all xx

    ReplyDelete