Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 January 2014

52 Cards challenge 2014 - Week 3

Here is the sketch which is the inspiration starting point for Week 3 of the 52 Card Challenge:
 
And here is the card I produced.

 
 
I swapped the sketch around, to make it work for the card elements I was using. 
 
 
Most of the elements came from the pile of punched and stamped elements my mother made when she came to the UK a couple of years ago.  I pulled the ribbon through the middle of the blue punched out piece and then used the little bits glued in the middle of the large flower.  I used my tan Promarker to match the journalling mat and the inside of the flowers.
 
I recently purchased two small circle punches and that tiny butterfly one - I don't regret it for a second, as they're a staple and I have already used them enough to justify their purchase.  I finally cut into a small doily and used it here. 
 
I hated that piece of 12 x 12 paper when it was whole, but now split up onto cards, I have grown to quite like it! I think it was from a K & Co stack. 
 
Supplies:
K & Co Patterned paper
Kraft card

Doily
Stardust Stickles
Cream ribbon
Fiskars circle and ribbon punches
Tan Promarker
Flower buttons

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

  1. Fab card - love the colours you have used. I often find that with 'hated' scrapbook papers that once you chop them up they aren't so bad. You are doing so well with limited stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping to get into card making this year. I may take your advice and get a few good all round punches. A fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the sketch Ali.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete