These were some of my favourite photos of the boys - their faces were less squishy and better formed. It was however, some of the last pages to do in the album - not my favourites, but there you go. The Studio Calico kraft butterflies definitely didn't go, but I was rushing and down to the wire to get completed in time for their visit on Father's Day.
Tara and I do stash swaps and she gave me quite a few 6 x 6 Amy Tangerine papers. The speech bubble was from that. The stars were Studio Calico rub-ons and the black stickers were Tara's, again from the Pound shop. She does love a bargain! My stash collection will sadly miss her input! :lol:
My Mum came over 4 days after the boys were born and then we had a celebration for her birthday on 30th July 2011. We went to Scotchbridge Mill for lunch, so the boys were just over three weeks old. The party included Paul's parents below.
The photo above is of Paul's Mum and mine. All of the above products were from First Edition "Up Up and Away" with some Studio Calico stickers and stamping. There were quite a few pages of tags in the pad so this project was an ideal way of using some of them up. From here on, I will display both sides of the embellishments so that the colour coordination can be seen ... I photographed the album like this on purpose, so I could present the pages back in order ... but it definitely makes more sense to display them like below.
On these pages, I introduced some of the other First Edition pad I have which is Animal Antics. I found coordinating some of the elements quite difficult. I used some Studio Calico wooden hearts as seen above - they are not very thick, but they were still thick enough to distort the album. I would try to go completely flat on any future project.
My boys looked absolutely adorable in their Pooh suits. It was the one day of that summer that was pretty hot, and warm enough for them to wear those suits! You can see the difference in size between the photos above and below - we had a week of intense heat in October that year, so the boys got to weat these suits one more time - of course, they had almost grown out of them by that stage (3 months).
Being a thrifty individual, I had painted on a previous project and had paper left over - I decided to use it here. Lots more Pound shop stickers (the "Dymo" looking ones, "baby" and the cradle. I also used stamping, some paper strips and other letter stickers.
Well - that's the second instalment done! Back to share more in a couple of days. :)