Search This Blog

Saturday 15 June 2013

June Scrapology card challenge - English Country Garden

This month, it was Karen's turn to set the challenge - she chose English Country Garden, which I thought was an inspired and original choice.  I debated what type of card to do - I could have got out some stamps and very laboriously created an elaborate and time consuming card, but there is also merit in making a quick one, too! :)

I found this perfect paper in my stash - which funnily enough, turns out to be Australian! :lol:  That tickled my funny bone, so it did. 

 
No need to really explain anything by way of technique - so simple!  I guess the hardest part was marrying up the colours from the paper to the embellishments.  I made another one first, but I don't like it nearly as much - with such a gorgeous paper as this, I think simpler is better.  :)
 
Supplies:
Print Blocks Australian Scrapbook Pages "Field of Flowers"
Elizabeth Craft Designs die "Friends"
Bazzill Just the Edge strip
My Mind's Eye pink bloom
Making Memories flower brad
Making Memories green felt ribbon


6 comments:

  1. this is so lovely Ali - love how you have colour matched your embellishing to the colours in the paper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Australian/English Country Garden card Ali LOL. Such bright cheerful colours and glad to you managed to use us some more of your stash before the big move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for setting the challenge for us Alison. Great idea for a card, such a pretty one too.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete