Search This Blog

Sunday 21 February 2010

Christmas paper trims

What do you do with your bits and pieces? Even though I do my best to use them, I have accumulated so MUCH stuff ....

I probably made in excess of 300 cards last year. Most went to charity; some I sold, some I made for friends .....

My friend donated these Trimcraft Christmas border strips for the charity box.
Now - to get going and use them!

I make all my cards from scrapbooking scraps and bits and bobs, usually. Old, OLD papers, ribbon scraps, stamping ....



Here I added some DCWV stack, snowflake brads, and the lovely Autumn Leaves Stampology bird, and then the Craftwork Creations Christmas messages.

I use my scalloped circle punches a LOT for cards. Add some lace on the left, and some stamping on the right. I like added bling for Christmas cards - I stuck the gems on the left one using glossy accents and my trusty tweezers.

Add a bit of ribbon, or some angelina fibres! All from bits and bobs hanging around! I like how these turned out and the non traditional colours. Stay tuned for more paper trims throughout the year ...

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Ali :)

    There is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Ali - I make all my cards too from my old stash and all my scraps - I get laughed at at crops because I gut all my mats before putting the photos on but I never have to buy anything for my card making LOL.

    ReplyDelete