Search This Blog

Saturday 3 January 2015

CTMH - Yuletide Carol Christmas cards

Close to My Heart released two Christmas ranges in this year's Annual Inspirations - one called Snowhaven, and the other Yuletide Carol. 
 
I vowed when moving back to Australia to stay away from snowy images as that wasn't representative of our Christmas, so that only left me with the only choice of Yuletide Carol, a much more traditional range, reminiscent of Victoriana. 
 
I had no time to blog before Christmas, so I am trying to be in catch-up mode and post them here, just to record them. 

 
I quite liked the first one, but wasn't crazy about the washi underneath the "Noel". 


I preferred the ivy wreath embossed onto white, and felt that the black glitter trim was a bit stark. 
 
 
I much preferred this third one - much more simplified and less cluttered. 
 
All CTMH supplies, except for the addition of "Layered Poinsettia" die by Spellbinders, and "Labels Four" - an old staple I constantly use.  I was pleased to have almost completely finished using my first ever jar of embossing powder, bought some 10+ years ago.  That gives me a real sense of satisfaction!
 
This is the card I made for Paul.  It was more difficult to resolve and the background is too busy for me.  But it was a paper in the pack that I wanted to try and use comprehensively.  

 
I loved the little ribbon sitting on top of the pile of presents and shall probably use that stamp set more thoroughly for next Christmas.  I used my Tim Holtz die "" here and covered the New England Ivy diecut with Stardust Stickles and then outlined in black for a bit more emphasis. 
 
I discovered that you can punch through the shimmer tape quite well, so I have used my EK Success scallop border punch on all the cards. 


Supplies:
Close to My Heart "Yuletide Carol" Workshop on the Go
CTMH Red, Black Shimmer Trim; Sequins Assortment:  Gold, Bling Gems Assortment:  Gold, Shinhan Marker:  Carmine, Versamark, Gold Embossing Powder
CTMH Exclusive Inks:  Cranberry, Black, New England Ivy
CTMH stamps:  Make It Merry, Noel
Tim Holtz Alterations die Stacked Words: Christmas
Spellbinders die:  Layered Pointsettias
Spellbinders die:  Labels Four
Francheville washi tape
Ranger Stickles Stardust

I will have other Christmas cards to share, when next I get a chance to blog them!  Thanks for your visit.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you were quite productive before Christmas! Lovely colour schemes - nice and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very lovely, I always love traditional red and green cards x

    ReplyDelete