Search This Blog

Saturday 3 August 2013

52 Card Challenge - Week 13 Take Inspiration

For Week 13, Nat's challenge was to take inspiration from online/elsewhere as the basis for the card.



The above was my inspiration - so pretty.  I've pinned it from Split Coast Stampers.  I took the ribbon banner elements and turned the card into this:

 
My starting point was that really bright ribbon that I wanted to use up.  I remember purchasing it yonks ago - some DCWV self adhesive ribbon.  Great idea, and lovely quality - just want to get it used. 
 
I have also been dipping into my sequin supply a lot lately.  They were coordinating colours but when I'd stuck them on, they were a bit too pastel - so I covered them with Stickles.  They looked too odd, so I then bordered every second plain card ribbon banner with Stickles to make them tie in. 
 
I also covered the blue sequin stars with Starburst Stickles and then stamped the greeting with Versafine  in two different colours. 
 
I'd also like to duplicate this card directly from the image - it is just beautiful in the pinks.  Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful card and a great way to use up ribbons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love banners on cards. Well done on using up even more old supplies x

    ReplyDelete