Search This Blog

Friday 31 May 2013

52 Card Challenge - UKS Scrappers Weeks 4 & 10

Well - I am having a mostly great time, making cards for these different challenge weeks.  I made two more last night for the following weeks:

Week 4 - Using Paper from a Pad

Week 10 - Making a card with a number on it

We have a spate? of two year old birthdays coming up, and I need to make six birthday cards.  I suppose I really should start making my own boys birthday cards too - that would be eight!  Maybe next year, when it won't be as many. 

Here's my card for Week 4 -


 
I bought two of these First Edition 12 x 12 paper pads when the boys were born, and shamefully have only used this one to make one year old cards last year!  I suppose that is the real difference between buying on line or from a bricks and mortar shop - I would have had a good flick through and worked out which papers I liked and which I didn't.  Never mind - I will use it, by hook or by crook (eventually!) or give some of it away. 
 
I figured two year old little boys aren't that bothered by butterflies on their cards just yet - so the background paper is floral too. 
 
I altered the "2" which was pink with a brown promarker.  As the sticker was shiny, the promarker did leave some ink on my finger, so my solution to that was cover it with glossy accents.  I think the Cuttlebug Monkey really adds character, and I gave the die-cut some dimension by using Ranger Enamel Accents on his eyes so that they pop. 
 
Half way through the process I thought "uh oh" but now I really like it!
 
Supplies:
First Edition paper pad (12 x 12) Animal Antics
American Crafts Simply Chic Runway coloured alphabet stickers
Glossy Accents
Elizabeth Crafts Design dies - Happy Birthday
Ranger Enamel Accents
Sizzix Framelits - Star
Cuttlebug die Zoo Animals
Pinkflair silicon glue

 
 
Here's my card for Week 10 -
 
 
This card took me much longer to do - so many more fiddly bits! I again altered a chipboard number by painting it green and then making it look professional by glossing over with Glossy Accents.  I love the shine that this stuff gives!

 
Loads more die-cutting and punches used here.  The Elizabeth Crafts Design "happy birthday" die has already paid for itself many times over in terms of the amount of use it gets.  Those are the kinds of tools I really like to buy! 
 
I tried to devise some smart way of putting on that self adhesive flocked lace, but it wasn't too be.  This card is probably busier than I like to make them these days, but sometimes they just turn out like that.  At least it is colourful and cheery!
 
Isn't it great when you get out something that you've had for years and it is the perfect thing?  A really old small daisy punch was just the thing for a wee embellishment on the card. 
 
Supplies:
Papercraft Essentials "Sweet Wishes" paper stack 6 x 6
We R Memory Keepers White Out Nonsense Flowers Self-adhesive Flocked Lace
Chipboard number - Pink Paislee?
Jo Sonja Seedlings, Titanium White and Flow Medium
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Nested Pennants
Carla Craft Flower Punch, Office Hole Punch
Glossy Accents
Stardust Stickles
 
So two more challenges down - a way to go, but it's fun!  Thanks for stopping by.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Another couple of fab cards Ali - they are both really lovely. I especially love that monkey with his googly eyes LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Ali, I see you have been very busy with all the card making! Love that you are altering your chipboard numbers, I really should do that as I have a couple of colours I have just never managed to use because they just don't ever match anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brilliant cards Ali, I can't believe the boys are nearly 2... doesn't seem like 5 mins since we saw you pregnant at PH! I tried the 52 card challenge but couldn't stick with it... Well done to you our kid :D

    Lisa
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great cards Ali. I love the cheeky monkey hanging off the number in the first one :)I really need to catch up with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete