Search This Blog

Sunday 28 April 2013

Happy 50th anniversary Mum and Dad!

My lovely Mum and Dad celebrated their 50th year of marriage on 27th April, 2013 and were surrounded by friends and family (though sadly not us!) to celebrate this wonderful occasion. 

A friend had set us a challenge to use this card as inspiration which she found via Pinterest, done by Nataliya Serova.  I loved it and wanted to make one much closer to this, but then I started pulling out bits of stash. 

I had set aside a box of patterned paper which I was set to give away or sell, when I came across the Fancy Pants paper.  The front was a bit floral for my taste, but the back was a lovely subtle green, so that became my card background, which I further altered with Distress Inks and some overstamping. 

 
 
The brown vine over the top was originally white, but I stamped on it with a tiny Christmas vine stamp and outlined all the borders with a terracotta Promarker.  It had been sitting unloved in a box for several years, and as I couldn't immediately identify a scrapbook layout for it, it was going on this card!
 
I think the card ended up rather jungle like and busy and not at all how I envisioned, but it was a very successful project in stash busting! 
 

Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants
Mists:  Maya Road Gold Metallic, Copper Metallic, Cosmic Shimmer Rich Gold
Promarker: Terracotta
Bling: Papermania Sunshine Adhesive Stones
Inks:  Brilliance Pigment Ink Galaxy Gold, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint, Old Paper, Scattered Straw
Stamps:  PSX "Antique Letter", Anita's  "Happy Anniversary", Paperartsy - "Ephemera Plate 2", Stamp It Australia "Swirl Background"
Embossing Powder:  Funstamps
Sizzix Framelits: Tickets
MIY Gold Outline Paisley Stickers

I found a verse on the internet which I adapted to suit and inserted it into the card:

Mum and Dad,
For 50 years, you’ve been the ones
Who showed us how to live.
Your marriage demonstrates it best,
How to love and how to give.
Together you have been as one
Through times of trial and times of fun,
50 years as man and wife,
You’ve built a home, a love, a life.
 
You always had a helping hand,
A smile and a dose of cheer;
Your selfless, sweet devotion
Kept us sheltered, year by year.
 
We hope you’ll be blessed in the times ahead
And that your love will always be
As strong as on the day you wed,
With a bond as strong as solid gold.
 
Adapted from Joanna Fuchs
 
 
Thinking of my lovely Mum and Dad - congratulations on your fantastic achievement, and I hope to see you really soon.  xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ... You may not have been there in person, but I just know everyone was thinking of you guys, so you were right there with them :)

    ReplyDelete