Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Scrapology October Card Challenge

This month our sponsor is the lovely Shabana from Mei Flowers, please see here for her website which is chock full of delights.

 

 
The challenge is to create a card using the grid below, any 3 items in a line either across, down or diagonally. Of course you can add other elements too.
 
 
Thanks to Chrissy at Merly Impressions for the use of the bingo grid.  Here is my card:- I used layers, buttons and stitching on a male card. 
 
 
 
The rub-on is a really old one from Rhonna Farrer which I rescued, as otherwise I would have had to throw it away - which is just not me!  I will do all I can to use something wherever possible, and just disguise or live with any imperfections that may occur.  Part of the transfer had stuck to the glossy card, so I just rubbed the rest onto this surface, and then I coloured the background with Scattered Straw distress ink to blend better with the other colours in my card. 
 
I then just used various leaves - either diecut, or from patterned paper - to decorate the card.  Quite straight forward, really.  I hope you will join in with our challenge! 

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card and interesting challenge :) Will try and give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever challenge! Love the Autumn feel of the card too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely - love the autumnal colours and feel to the card and well done on your thriftiness.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ali and you had to save that rub-on because it is fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stylish card Ali. Don't you just love it when you can use up old stash.

    ReplyDelete