Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2012

Anniversary Card - Distress Inks

Hello!  I am sorry to say that the Distress Inks that I own have hitherto sat in the ink drawer, sadly underutilised.  When it came time to make a card for our recent 9th anniversary, I was rifling through my drawers of stash.  I came across some raw stamped images which I thought would be useful. 

Paul loves nature and outdoor pursuits.  I found these collage botanical and cow parsley images and decided to use them. 

 
I very simply coloured the cow parsley with Promarkers in quite a crude style.  I coloured the nature collage image by masking off each rectangle and then inking with various colours of Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo. 
 
I cut the ticket using the Sizzlets Framelits Tickets set and then also coloured with Distress Inks.  I used the Melissa Francis Sentiments set of stamps, stamped with Crushed Olive and then outlined with Promarker to soften the effect, which I like and think was very effective. 
 
I adhered the cow parsley image onto the card with silicone glue to add some dimension.  I was a bit pressed for time, and could have gone on to add something with even more dimension, but the card decided it was finished as it is! 
 
Really time to get cracking with Christmas cards, I suppose! 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Distress inks feature in almost every craft project here. Lovely card BTW. Happy anniversary to you both. X

    ReplyDelete