Search This Blog

Sunday 1 April 2012

April Scrapology Layout Challenge - L is for Lace

Hi everyone and welcome to April - with this amazing bout of weather we've been having in the UK, it's felt like summer, more than spring - but with the clocks changing recently, it has been lovely to have more sunshine. 

This month we have scraplifted Bettylou1 with this particular layout:


The challenge was also to use lace.  Here is my layout below. 


I am very happy to report that all the supplies used are from years ago - with the exception of the flowers.  The photo is of my husband's parents taken with my twins when they were three weeks old.  I loved that Bettylou's layout was monochromatic, but felt that I had to try to coordinate the colour of their grandparents' attire with the layout.  Luckily enough, I found this ancient piece of Sandylion "Spring Flowers" paper that went beautifully with the photo. 

I adhered the paper to a piece of cardstock behind it, in order to make the layout more robust.  The three vertical strips are Cloud 9 Design - Alyssa's Garden - Botanical Notes collection.  I also deliberately kept the strips quite long so that they also became a feature of the layout.  The horizontal strip at the bottom was kindly given to me by my friend Jess - who allowed me to rifle through her scraps bag - and the piece of Fancy Pants Baby Mine collection "Strips"  was perfect here.  The white lace was from my ribbon bag, and the lovely green ruffled ribbon was bought from Artbase, before it sadly closed down some time ago.  The cream and blue dotty paper was diecut with a scallop edge, so I just used a corner of it here.  I inked all of the paper and cardstock edges with blue chalk ink so that they blended into the background and gave a softer finish to the layout. 

My picture was a different dimension, and my flowers were much larger than the original, so I configured them differently on the page.  I added some blue chalk ink to the flowers so that they were toned down a little and blended more into the background of the layout.  Then to further blend the flowers into the background of the layout, I cut out the lace plastic design on the Prima packaging and adhered it to the layout under the flowers. 

I borrowed my friend Lisa's nestabilities dies to cut out the journalling spot for the title - the alphas are MM Noteworthy "Tara" tiny alphabet stickers which again I've had for years.  Kind of ironic, in that another friend, Tara, lent me some flowers to form this layout. 

Supplies:
Patterned Paper:
      Sandylion Spring Flowers
      Cloud 9 Design Alyssa's Garden collection "Botanical Notes"
      Fancy Pants Baby Mine collection "Strips"
      Blue and Cream spotty paper
Lace
Ribbon
Wooden Heart and Bird - Hobbycraft
Metal Flowers with Brads - Dovecraft
Prima flowers
Prima packaging
Alphas:
      MM Noteworthy "Tara" tiny alphabet stickers

A lovely prize from Jill again at Cardinal Colours awaits the winner of the challenge! Join in, have a go and get another page scrapped!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Ali. And yes that paper went perfectly! Might have a go at this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful page Ali, what a wonderful photo. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete