Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sketch and Scrap February

Here was the sketch I chose for the UK Scrappers social group, Sketch and Scrap. 


I like multi-photo layouts, but don't often adhere to the exact size of the picture according to the sketch.  I have copied the dimensions almost exactly, to do a layout of Lewis and Henry at seven months old.  The photos were obviously taken after eating something very orange! The photos were taken on 6th Feb, and were scrapped on 5th March - I am pretty impressed with that, I must say.  Wish I was as well organised as all that!  Because the photos matched the dimensions of the layout, I copied it pretty exactly.  I nearly took a short cut and used rub-on stitching instead of the real thing, but I wanted some extra punch with colour and dimension, so am pleased I went with the black thread in the end.  So happy to use up more old patterned paper and am happy with how the layout turned out - it is very unusual for me to only use patterned paper, and cardstock only as an accent under journalling. 



Supplies:
Striped paper - unknown - perhaps Chatterbox? (It is the same texture ...., tells you how old it probably is)
My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow Collection "Bloom" 2009
Prima Iron Orchid Designs line, Mary Jane collection "Steel Toe" 2007
Prima Just Corina Designs, Dude Collection, "Roundabout" 2008
Journalling spot - unknown
Rub-ons - perhaps Basic Grey?
K & Company handmade Alphabet embossed stickers

I outlined everything with a fine black journalling pen, to add some impact.  I think it makes a subtle but important difference in terms of delineation.  You can see the uncertainly of Lewis by the expression on his face - he was going through a very wobbly period in terms of eating savoury - thank goodness he seems to be largely over that now!

5 comments:

  1. I love messy face photos, so cute. I don't think I got any of Lauren with foodface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab photos - they are a right pair of pickles. The papers are just perfect for the photographs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page Ali and superb photos. Your little guys have such cute faces and the papers you have used match your pics so well, really cheeky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pics Ali and the lo is fabbity too, its all so great

    L
    xxx

    ReplyDelete