Search This Blog

Sunday 4 March 2012

G is for glitter!

This month at Scrapology, we are scraplifting a layout from the very talented Anita MacDonald.

Her layout is below. 


I decided to use the main central square as a starting point, and incorporated a square grid on a layout about Henry. 


The patterned papers are once again all from the "Up Up and Away" range by First Edition.  The background cardstock has a pearlescent sheen which I bought in bulk for a class from Two Peas some few years ago - I love cornflour blue.  The picture of Henry was taken when he was obviously teething really badly, poor baby.  I panic somewhat that I miss the boys' milestones when you get too busy doing day to day things, so one day I deliberately took out time to take ink prints of both boys' hand and foot prints. 

I emulated the die cut Bo Bunny paper in Anita's layout with some cut out patterned paper circles and I added a whimsical element by dusting off some of my brads, eyelets and snaps, along with the Cropodile!  

Winnie the Pooh is one of my favourite books and I just adore this quote - I think it is so poignant.  I was really pleased to break out my PSX "Playful" alphabet stamps once again and stamp out the quote.  I like the handmade, folksy quality of imperfection and think that elements like this give a layout heart and character. 

Supplies:
First Edition Up Up and Away
Blue Pearlescent Cardstock
MM brads, snaps, eyelets

I am always surprised when I hear that people have given up scrapbooking - I find ways of incorporating my babies' milestones together with images of things like their hands and feet so sentimental and touching and think that every family would treasure these kind of keepsakes of their family members. I hope that the boys will treasure the stories of their earliest years and look forward to seeing their albums in the future. 

Jill from Cardinal Colours is once again offering a fabulous prize this month - just follow the glitter trail to enter this challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Great layout, love the handprints and foot prints again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous and such a great idea to take prints - a wonderful keepsake x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Alison. Whish I had been a scrapper when my babies were born. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a wonderful page Ali, I so wish ( like Lynn) that I scrapped when the girls were little tots and had recorded the important little things. I really REALLY love the addition of the hand and foot prints......fabulous work :) xx

    ReplyDelete