Search This Blog

Friday 4 November 2011

Scrapology November Challenge

This month, over at Scrapology, we are scraplifting Hannah Young's layout below: 


The challenge this month is to make fabric flowers. 

This is my interpretation.  I decided to interpret the flowers rather differently, so had a shufty through my materials to see what I could choose from.  I had black tulle, bits of left over felt, and various bits of material.  The larger red flower is made from wide wired ribbon.

The photo is one taken at a photoshoot when my boys were 3 weeks old and is of my mother and I.  All the patterned papers have come from my scraps bag and are all ancient - how satisfying is it to use them up?


Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
Patterned paper:  Urban Lily "Polka Dot", Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls "Stitched Ivy", Scenic Route Laurel "Sailmaker Lane", 7 gypsies "Life Blanc"
Tim Holtz:  Mini Labels movers and shapers die
Alphas: K & Company "Handmade mini alpha", Making Memories "Tiny Alphas white on black"
Stickers: Scenic Route Laurel Monogram ABCD
Wooden Heart: Hobbycraft
Buttons
Ribbon, Lace, Bonbon
Felt
Fabric

Because my target photo was a completely different shape to Hannah's, I had to reinterpret the sketch somewhat, and also decided to simplify the colour scheme. 

I am really pleased with how this layout turned out.  I shall be making a companion page for the boys' albums using another sketch challenge!  Why don't you join us - Jill from Cardinal Colours has once again donated a fabulous prize - check out the Scrapology blog to find out what it is!

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely - love all the red and black and your flowers are fab. Really lovely picture of you and your Mum.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this page Ali, such a striking colour combo, it really pops. And what a wonderful piccy of you and your Mum, just lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovel layout Ali, such a precious photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Ali. Such a great colour combination and a beautiful photo.

    PS I have the same top as you. LOL

    ReplyDelete