Here's another selection of cards I made to give away as Christmas presents. My middle sister has three kids - two boys - the eldest is a teenager, the other two not so far away - so I made some cards suitable for the kids, and some just for her.
Well - it looks all wonky in this picture, but I think it is straight! Hopefully suitable for a teenage boy to give to a friend. The chipboard water drop was left over from a recent layout - everything else is obviously leftovers.
This next card is left over Anna Griffin paper, also using the negative diecut from my recent purchase of the Tim Holtz alterations die. I borrowed the Tattered Florals die from a person at a crop recently, and used it to use up some left over fabric . I attached it to the card using silicone glue. The middle of the flower is a Martha Stewart croscomia flower, with a red cosmic shimmers spray dot in the middle.
Much the same principle with this next one below - this time I used the keyholes also. The patterned paper this time is K & Co's Life's Journey 6 x 6. The variegated flower is Hero Arts.
For this next card, I used the left over piece of paper from the Taj Mahal DCWV's stack. Very simple additions of plain cardstock, ribbon and a gem.
I wanted to use some of these small patterned die-cuts - slowly, slowly the numbers are dwindling. It was lacking something until I added the small red circles around the edge to add some pop. They were just done with a hole punch. The background colour is actually a light blue.
This next card was made using - again! the left over die cut from a layout. I struggled for ages to use it on a card, but this is the result. A bit weird, but hopefully someone will like it!
This next card is a mix of Fancy Pants Delight scraps, Rouge de Garance blue and We R Memory Keepers "White Out". Hopefully suitable for a teenage boy!
Very similar principle for this next card - I think the die cut paper was Junkitz, again from yonks and yonks ago. I am just determined to use up this odds and ends of stuff that I have sitting around.
The spotted paper was Basic Grey - either Colour me Silly, or Skateshoppe - really can't remember which. Couldn't get much more simple, though cutting out the pattern did take a little time.
This piece of paper in this next card has stared at me for years - and last night I decided I couldn't stand to look at it for one more moment longer. It has made four perfectly decent cards - and this is one. Again, I grabbed these big flowers which I attached with silicone glue and added the round message and Stickles - that was it. I must use all my extra large flowers in this way and get rid of them!
This penultimate card was made using some vellum stickers. I heavily inked around the edge with distress ink. Added a couple of paper flowers for dimension, and some stickles on top. Very simple, and I was very pleased to get rid of one more lot of packaging!
This last card is a bit nuts! I had a precious scrap left of Basic Grey Phoebe, which is one of my favourite collections ever. (A friend did give me a collection pack, so actually I do have a full set which I am hoarding ..... ) I put the American Crafts rub-ons onto this mint green circle, butit didn't look right, so then I had to cast about to put something together. Tara loved it when she saw it - it is certainly one of more eclectic cards, but I think my sister Nerida will like it, hopefully.
Well, so that's it! A small selection of cards I've sent away to Australia. I will probably share more Christmas cards next, then followed by a couple of layouts as the end of the month draws near. Thanks for visiting! :)