Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

30 cards to buying stash ...

Well, there must be a snappier title, but it is all I can come up with at this late hour.  My craft room is operational, but far from fully functional - most stuff still needs to be better organised and find a proper home.  But in the interim, I still need to make cards.  I also find that all of my big dies are missing - and are lost in with the hordes of other boxes stacked in our garage.  Being that we still have boxes in our house, I am not going through any more until we move into our very own house, but I do need to craft in the meantime. 

I had a lovely chat with some online crafting friends from the UK, and they mentioned that they were doing 30 layouts before they allowed themselves to buying any more new craft purchases.  Well, I am not in scrapbook mode at the moment, so decided to make it 30 cards. 

It is fortunate in a way that Chinchilla doesn't easily facilitate craft buying and that I can rely on my supplies!  I did expect that it wouldn't be so easy, so did stock up on my favourites before emigrating.     I do find that my cardmaking is in need of some Spellbinders or similar fancy journal card shaped dies.  I have my Framelits, but they don't serve the purpose. 

So in the spirit of stash-busting yet again, my hands landed on my Rhonna Farrer phrases rub-ons that is just one thing out of thousands that I have had forever - so I decided that was as good a place as any to start.  I needed to make two thank you cards and one birthday card, so the sayings on the rub-ons would be relatively suitable on a card to send to a crafty friend. 

So I've made a start, and here are the first three:-

 
Using DCVW Taj Mahal stack, Prima "Got Flowers" and Kaisercraft pearls and some chocolate ink and some gold gems. 

 
Using left over Bazzill shaped scalloped cardstock, I applied the rub-on to vellum.  Basic Grey ancient rub-ons, Kaisercraft gems, and MFT leaves dies.  I used a watercolour pencil to add some variegated colour into some of the leaves. 

 
Prima Got Flowers, same MFT Leafy Flourish die and lots more of those Kaisercraft pearls.  This  was some of the first paper I acquired - I think it is Walter Knabe for Paper Cellar?  I am finding it quite difficult to design a card around the phrases but that's all part of the challenge, isn't it? And in the meantime, more old supplies used up .... if I see a stash purveyor and some wanted dies in my forthcoming holiday to Hervey Bay, then it would be positively rude not to buy them, but I shall certainly keep this challenge in mind before any other purchase ....
 
Thanks for stopping by.  :)


7 comments:

  1. Three lovely cards xx

    I am joining in with the 30 layout challenge but have added in 100 cards before I can buy new stash - I went a bit mad with the last Penny Black release and SU sale-a--bration, so need to rein the spending in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, hope you find a stash shop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash busting exercise as always, Ali. I love the way you use it all up.
    I think 30 LO's is a fantastic idea. I'm going to make a start this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great challenge and whilst I'm not joining in on the paper craft front (I have hostess pounds to spend most months) I have pledged to make 3 garments before buying any more fabric/patterns. Oh, pretty card as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty cards Ali. It's amazing what you can make when you are restricted to what you have. Sometimes I think it's having too much choice that slows me down!

    ReplyDelete