Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2012

September Scrapology Card Challenge

Natalie O'Shea (now a Stampin' Up! rep) has set the September Scrapology card challenge - to make a Christmas card with unconventional products or tools not normally associated with Christmas. 

Come and have a look here at our website to see what the team came up with, but I struggled for ages to come up with something. 

 
In the end, I opted to go for scrapbooking supplies not normally associated with Christmas - I used patterned paper which reminded me of Christmas baubles and then the corresponding die-cuts.  The butterfly was very lightly patterned with a swirl design, which I stickled over with Stardust stickles - so that shimmer and shine has been captured in the photo. 
 
I used my trusty Quickutz snowflake die, and cut those shapes and also the tiny Martha Stewart butterflies from die-cut floral shapes.  I distressed the edge of the card using Tim Holtz "Bundled Sage" distress ink which went very well with the paper.  The message and snowflake circles were stamped using Christmas stamps Inkadinkado "Peppermint Twist".  I particularly like the greetings in this set. 
 
Supplies:
Crate Paper Mia "Sparkle" patterned paper
Crate Paper Mia die cuts
Quickutz snowflake
Bundled Sage distress ink
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Stardust Stickles
Pinflair dimensional glue.
Inkadinkado "Peppermint Twist" christmas stamps (designed by Brenda Walton)

I am sure that there are many brilliantly creative minds out there who can come up with something more inventive, so why don't you join in with the challenge!  Natalie is donating a lovely prize of a new set of SU stamps, so you have to be in it to win it! 

Thanks for stopping by.  x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Alison and this has prompted me to think about making christmas cards with a difference:D

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card, :) I like ones that arnt 'typical' christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card Alison - well designed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely Ali - great idea to put a butterfly on. I am struggling with ideas for this challenge but I'm sure I will come up with something in the end.

    ReplyDelete