Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 June 2012

May Sketchy Scrappers Challenge - circle embellishments

Jess asked me to step in and choose a sketch when the scheduled person didn't oblige.  So after a bit of searching, I found this sketch on the internet which I really liked and thought was very versatile. 


This is a Pagemaps design, and was featured in October 2009.  How time flies!

I loved the simplicity and the clean lines of  the sketch so decided to stick very closely to it with this interpretation below. 


All of the embellishments are cut from one piece of paper, which is My Little Shoebox 2009 line "Enjoy Life".  This particular paper is called Slow Motion and I liked it so much, I think I have at least two sheets of it.   

The photos were taken by my mum and depict me feeding my twin sons at the same time, which is a bit of a skill to be developed!  It worked well, until they were too big to lie across the sofa.  I had a big white muslin on my lap in the top picture, so covered it up by undulating the circle embellishments. 

I loved the caterpillar - it goes so well with the feeding theme and had to include it here.  Unusually for me, it was a layout that I finished quite quickly and I am happy with the end result, too. 

I dusted off my "Opposites Attract" Cricut cartridge and cut out the word "feeding" using red paper.  Weirdly, though I have stocked up a bit on American Crafts Thickers alphabets, for some reason, I don't seem to use them often, so I was determined to change that on this layout. 

My journalling reads: " Whilst the midwives were visiting us during your first couple of weeks home from the hospital, Rosie went on holiday and Sam covered in her place.  You were due a bottle and Sam propped you both up on pillows and fed you at the same time – which was so fast compared to what I was doing!
This tandem feeding then continued until you were both too big to fit on the sofa! 
Photos by Grandma Brierley 23 July 2011"
One of the best parts of being in a sketch challenge group is that there are 10 different layouts to see that have all used the same sketch as inspiration.  It is fascinating to see the end result. 

Thanks for stopping by. 



1 comment:

  1. Fab layout Ali - never understood what tandem feeding was, but now all is clear. Love the little embellishments like the snail and caterpillar xx

    ReplyDelete