Search This Blog

Sunday 9 January 2011

Sketch and Scrap December

I am posting things all higgledy piggledy, but here is the sketch challenge I did in December. 


I made this layout below.  It is my friend Tara's daughter, Leah.  Instead of giving her Christmas and birthday presents each year, I make her a layout, and that way, Tara gets some of her photos scrapped! 



The photo is of Leah dressed up as a Second World War evacuee, with a very pensive look on her face.  It looked as though she was leaving everyone she knew and everything she knew!  In response to the photo, I wanted to do a vintage "Tim Holtzy" type layout. 

Supplies: 
K & Co "Classic" collection patterned papers,
Jenny Bowlin Bingo Card,
Stationery Tag - stamped and distress inked
Jenny Bowlin chipboard buttons
Fancy Pants lace
Labelling done with Dymo labeller onto Bazzill cardstock
Making Memories vintage brads
Upholstery trimming
Tim Holtz grungeboard
Hero Arts flowers
Prima leaves
Teresa Collins fabric ruler
Pebbles alphabet stickers

So that is one of the four layouts done, and another challenge completed. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh Ali! She is ADORABLE and you have scrapped her perfectly....beautiful work!...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout - I am sure Tara appreciates you doing layouts. I do a similar thing for my niece by adding 4 or 5 layouts each year to the album that I gave her for her 18th birthday.

    ReplyDelete